Preparation Time: 35 Minute
Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
You will need:
- Jus Roll Shortcrust Pastry [or you can make your own pastry too!]
- 270ml of double cream
- 30 ml of whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Chopped up fresh chicken breast
- 8 Cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 70g of feta cheese
- quiche dish
- baked beans
- baking paper
1. roll out the pastry with a rolling pin until it is around the thickness of a pound coin.
2. place the pastry over your dish and leave room to make sure the pastry fits nicely against the rims of the quiche dish. lightly press down on the bottom of the dish to make sure it has secured.
3. lightly press the pastry against the sides of the pie dish and then take some kitchen scissors and trim the corners of the crust
4. cover the pastry with cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. re-heat oven to 200C/fan 180/gas6. cover the pastry in the dish with a scrunched up and then re-opened piece of baking paper (so it is easier to place down and less rigid) and add the baked beans so they fill up against the edges of the tin. Bake for 15 minutes until the sides are crisp and golden.
6. When finished, remove from oven and carefully lift beans and baking paper out. Place the pastry back in the oven for 5 minutes until the base and sides are golden.
7. Mix 3 eggs with 270ml double cream and 30ml milk, season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, tomatoes and sprinkle feta inside the quiche. Then pour the egg mix on top and sprinkle with some more feta or mature cheddar if you have any. Fill up to 3/4 of the depth of the tin.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until golden, crisp at set, leave to rest for 10 mins after. Serve with a salad, a cold drink and some summer fruits for dessert.